Thursday, February 18, 2016

Keith Haney speeds to provisional No. 1 with quickest pass in Drag Radial history
CECIL, Ga. (Feb. 17) -- Keith Haney didn't come into the Drag Radial world to
 play around; he came to win.
On Wednesday night, Haney showed just how serious he is by running what is 
considered to be the quickest elapsed time in Drag Radial history, 3.894 seconds 
at 191.81 mph, to claim the provisional No. 1 spot for the Lights Out 7 race at 
South Georgia Motorsports Park.
And for all the fun Haney has had in secretly building the Lucas Oil/RacingJunk.com 
Chevrolet and verbally jousting with his competitors, he was humbled by the 
accomplishment.
"If it wasn't for Brandon Switzer and Brandon Pesz, Andrew Arnold, Reher-Morrison, 
Martin Mickie, Lucas Oil, Racing Junk, Larry Jeffers, and all my guys at Keith 
Haney Racing, this wouldn't have happened," Haney said. "If it wasn't for my family,
 my wife, my kids, this wouldn't have happened. I've never been away from home for 
10 days, not one time, but they've let me.
"I could go home tomorrow and know that I accomplished what everybody 
said I couldn't do. But it wasn't me."
Haney said he simply lets "go of the button" on the starting line, while plenty of 
people have worked countless hours preparing his new car. It started with Larry Jeffers 
Race Cars building a state-of-the-art chassis, and then Switzer, Dan Carver, and 
Brian Sitton from Switzer Dynamics finished the car.
"Larry Jeffers built the chassis, and then it went to Brandon Switzer's," Haney said.
 "Brandon and his guys all worked very hard putting this car together. They had some 
late nights, sleepless nights, long hours. I created hell for these guys."
Haney also gives credit to Reher-Morrison Racing Engines for good horsepower, to 
Mark Mickie of M&M Transmissions for helping harness that power, and Menscer 
Motorsports for building a set of shocks this week.
And, of course, he thanks Switzer and Pesz for tuning the engine/chassis combination. 
The duo had never tuned a Drag Radial car until this week, when Haney tested the
 new car at Orlando Speed World before coming to SGMP.
"Guess what? They just know how to drag race," Haney said. "It doesn't matter if it's a 
big tire or a little tire. What matters is they put as much passion and hard work 
into as I do in driving."
During Haney's pass, he recorded the quickest 60-foot and 330-foot times in a 
Drag Radial car.
"I've got goose bumps," Haney said. "I don't know what to say. I guess it's just like 
Erica (Enders) winning for the first time; that's what I relate it to. They said she couldn't 
do it, they said I couldn't do it. She did it, I just did it.
"I had a premonition that something special was going to happen. I live life like that. 
Everything happens for a reason."
Haney was also thinking about his wife, Dee, and his kids, Timber, Alex, Madison, 
and Logan, as he was celebrating his quick run.
"My wife and my family letting me be gone this long, there's nothing better," Haney said. 
"Nothing better."

Keith Haney ran what is considered to be the quickest e.t. in Drag Radial history, 
a 3.894 at 191.81 mph, to claim the provisional No. 1 spot for the Lights Out 7 race 
at South Georgia Motorsports Par

No comments:

Post a Comment